G10 is a very light and hard composite material based on fiberglass and special epoxy resins, i.e. At its core, G10 is a compound that is reinforced with fiberglass under pressure. Fiberglass gives rigidity to the structure of the material, and to improve consumer characteristics, G10 additionally contains special reinforcing chemical compounds that eliminate brittleness and brittleness. G10 is not combustible, has high strength characteristics, is perfectly processed, and is resistant to destructive environmental factors. Plus, it is possible to produce a variety of monochrome and multicolor shades of this composite. Finished G10 overlays can also be sandblasted to expose the fiberglass structure. As a result, the handle acquires a rough surface, which eliminates slipping in the hand and ensures comfortable and safe use of knives. All this makes G-10 one of the most attractive materials for making knife handles. As a material for cutting tool handles, G-10 has the following advantages:
• a wide and very bright range of various colors;
• high resistance to various mechanical loads (stretching, bending, impact);
•excellent ratio of mechanical strength and low weight;
• has excellent properties for machining - sawing, milling, polishing. Unlike micarta, it gives an operational cleanliness of the surface immediately after milling;
•does not slip in the hand;
•absolute hydrophobic surface of the material that does not absorb liquids;
• Resistance to harmful environmental influences - solvents, acids, alkalis, ultraviolet, biological factors, etc.;
•has low electrical conductivity;
• not combustible;
• does not deform when exposed to high temperatures.
There are no reviews for this product.
No questions about this product.