Sharpening stone SHAPTON Pro series with the dimensions 150h22h7 mm glued on the blank with the dimensions 161h22h3 mm with the edges, beveled at 45 degrees under the holder type "dovetail".
Manufacturer of sharpening stones SHAPTON recommends its stones for sharpening of both carpenter tools of high-carbon steels, and for sharpening of ordinary knife steels. SHAPTON's sharpening stones are optimized for use with both Japanese cutting tools and European-made tools and blades. SHAPTON at the present moment produces two main series of sharpening stones Shapton PRO and Ceramic on Glass Waterstones. The Shapton PRO series is the manufacturer's basic series, more versatile, with a harder bond that holds its shape well. However, it is designed for sharpening both hard steels (high-carbon) and soft (stainless steel) and high-alloy steels.
Maintenance and care of sharpening stones. SHAPTON's stones have a number of features for their care and use. To ensure that the stone serves for a long time and does not fall into disrepair you should adhere to the following rules:
- Before any use (sharpening, smoothing, cleaning) the stone should be soaked, but it should not be left in water for a long time. The recommended period is 6-10 minutes. Soaking for more than 30 minutes may cause the surface layer to soften, which may require removal. It is permitted (especially for rough stones) to simply soak the working surface of the stone with a little water, as needed, without first soaking it.
- Avoid exposing the stone to direct sunlight.
- After using the stone, it should be dried without using heaters such as radiators, heat registers or hair dryers. No forced air blowing (fans) should be used. This can cause the stone to crack.
- Should only be stored at room temperature.
- When cleaning the stone, hot water and detergents must not be used - only clean, cold water should be used.
- During sharpening make sure the stone surface is always moistened, as a wet surface will quickly become sullied.
- SHAPTON stones should be stored in a plastic (not wooden container).
Country of origin Japan.
Type Sharpening stone.
Material Aluminum oxide.
Thickness of 7 mm.
Work surface of 152x22 mm.
Use for sharpening.
Recommended coolant: pure cold water.
Weight 100 g.
There are no reviews for this product.
No questions about this product.